An interesting find for a discrete and simple EDC multi-tool that functions as a hair clip. It may not have sparkly flowers or decorative patterns but it tighten screws and cuts through rope.
As much flak as the Sharing Economy catches, Silicon Valley gets even more. So, when the two victims of derision collided at Comedy Hack Day last month, much (fake) technological foolery ensued.
To understand better the anatomy of a currency collapse, we talk this week with Philip Haslam, author of the book When Money Destroys Nations. Haslam is an authority on monetary history, and more recently, has spent much time in Zimbabwe collecting dozens of accounts of the experiences real people had as the currency there failed.
An interesting DIY tutorial for creating a honey collection system where the honey and comb get made right in a jar.
Vito Catalani and Jamie Shin took to Airbnb to draw awareness to New York's homelessness problem. (Courtesy Airbnb)
We are pleased to announce that PrepareDirect is offering PeakProsperity.com members a special discount of 25% off all Gourmet Reserves Foods.
Gourmet Reserves, the food reserves division of AlpineAire Foods was introduced in 1989 to address the growing need for high quality, convenient, familiar, and real shelf-stable food products. The emphasis is on nutritious freeze-dried, instant, and specially dehydrated foods that include both a wide variety of exciting complete meal recipes, and many individual items.
A wonderful list of creative and useful ways to use pallets as the building materials for projects around the house and homestead.
I decided to get a couple of bee hives to help with pollination, support the dwindling bee population, and eventually harvest a little honey and honeycomb. My first concern was where is the best place to locate a hive? There are some general rules of thumb, which are beneficial, although none are an absolute necessity.
- Don’t Trust the Markets: A Correction Is Coming
- No Risk Too Big as Traders Plot Escape From Negative Yields
- Where Is The Federal Reserve Headed?
- Manual Labor, All Night Long: The Reality of Paying for College
- Learning My Lesson
- Russia Through Worst Of Economic Troubles, Claim Ministers
- California Farmers Are Selling Water To The State Instead Of Growing Crops
- Costa Rica Has Gotten All Of Its Electricity From Renewables For 75 Days Straight
A tank rolling around a city might generally be cause for concern—but not this tank. This is the Book Tank, a roving, free library packed with 900 books that elicits waves, laughter, thanks, and smiles as it goes by.
Designed and built by Buenos Aires artist Raul Lemesoff, the Book Tank is a 1979 Ford Falcon that has been converted into a “weapon of mass instruction” bringing books to the Argentine people. Lemesoff drives the tank giving a free book to anyone who promises to read it.
Article and images cross-posted from Community-Wealth.org. Written by Katie Parker.
- Requiem for American Exceptionalism
- Wages Haven’t Been This Crucial to U.S. Economy in Half Century
- Taming Health Costs by Keeping High-Maintenance Patients Out of the Hospital
- The Toxins That Threaten Our Brains
- The Perfect Storm For Oil Hits In Two Months: US Crude Production To Soar Just As Storage Runs Out
- It’s time to get serious about the California drought
- Opinion: What if California’s drought is permanent?
- World Water Day
- Super-Bubbles And Unprecedented Global Collapse – Time Is Running Out!
- Alasdair Macleod: Fed Throws in the Towel, “Something is About to Break”
- Emergency! This Family Is Prepared
- ‘The Age of Acquiescence,’ by Steve Fraser
- Obamacare Is Spurring Startups and Creating Jobs
- New Federal Rules Are Set for Fracking
- Warm Arctic winter starts sea ice off at a record low
- This Futuristic Water Bottle Is an Edible, Gelatinous Blob
Great uses for tea tree oil for around the homestead. Make sure to have a bottle on hand.
Top photo: macinate (CC BY-20)
Daily Digest 3/20 - Laughing All The Way To The Crash, "Market Mania" Will End By "Revolution, Taxes, Or War"
- Paul Tudor Jones Warns This "Disastrous Market Mania" Will End "By Revolution, Taxes, Or War"
- Laughing All The Way To The Crash
- Recycling Unused Medicines to Save Money and Lives
- Brazil’s Slumping Economy and Bribery Scandal Eat Away at Dilma Rousseff’s Popularity
- Scientists Seek Ban on Method of Editing the Human Genome
- Majors Could Be The Big Winners Of The Oil Price Crash
- Obama's Green Gambit
- What The Heck Is The Trans-Pacific Partnership And Why Should You Care?
In this week's Off the Cuff podcast, Chris and Charles Hugh Smith discuss:
- Lies, Damn Lies & Politics
- When it gets serious, they lie to us
- The Age Of Confiscation
- Get ready for the government to claw more of your wealth
- The Desperation Of TINA Legislation
- We'll be told "there's no other choice"
- The Security Of Non-Participation
- The safest place for your wealth is out of the system
- Fed Loses "Patient," Wall Street Says, "I'm Cured!"
- Janet Yellen Isn’t Going to Raise Interest Rates Until She’s Good and Ready
- Germany riot targets new ECB headquarters in Frankfurt
- Dollar Regains Most Of Yesterday's "Flash Crash" Losses. Oil Resumes Slide; 10Y Under 2%
- ISIS And The Destruction Of History
- Workplace Suicide Rates Rise Sharply
- Sweating The Small Stuff
- OPEC Says US Oil Production May Decline By End Of 2015