- China’s Global Ambitions, With Loans and Strings Attached
- What You Need to Know About China’s Gold
- Central Banks Have Shot Their Wad——-Why The Casino Is In For A Rude Awakening, Part I
- Push to Lift Minimum Wage Is Now Serious Business
- Americans' Air Conditioning Habit Is Eco-Friendly
- Government Pension Cuts Tangled in Patchwork of Legal Rulings
- Applications for unemployment aid plunge to 42-year low
- Earth’s Most Famous Climate Scientist Issues Bombshell Sea Level Warning
In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and John Rubino discuss:
- The Commodity Beat-Down
- Why are gold, oil, etc so weak?
- Fluffed-Up Fakery
- Official economic reports are just pure fiction these days
- The End Of The Long Cycle
- The devastation when this bubble pops will be epic
- Stock market roll-over?
- It's increasingly looking like we'll finally see a material correction
Click to listen to a sample of this Off the Cuff Podcast or Enroll today to access the full audio and other premium content today.
- New York Plans $15-an-Hour Minimum Wage for Fast Food Workers
- In America, mass incarceration has caused more crime than it’s prevented
- Missing Gold, Unpayable Debts, Financial Crises, Bail-Outs and Bail-Ins… There Must Be a Better Way
- How to Get a Second Passport on a Budget
- Greece Clears Final Reform Hurdle Before New Bailout Talks
- New Weather Software Could Be A Game-Changer For Solar and Wind
- Economic slump, not natural gas boom, responsible for drop in CO2 emissions
- This Time Is Different: Chesapeake Energy Scraps Dividend Amid Oil And Gas Plunge
- Winning the Hunger Games: Tom Wallace on How to Choose Successful Agriculture Investments
- Plant that can cause third-degree burns popping up in Canada
Article and images cross-posted from CommonsTransitions.org.
Having access to clean water in an emergency is critical and almost always overlooked until it is too late. Here are a few obvious points to understand about water:
• Without water you die very quickly
Depending on your health and age, you will live for 5-7 days without clean water. You can live much longer without food.
• Water is heavy and takes up a lot of space
A gallon of water weighs about 8.3 pounds. Water is not easy to transport because it is so heavy. That means your emergency water plan should account for that.
- Annual sewer bills to jump $750 if county approves plan to collect Leoni's defaulted debt
- Detroit City Council expected to vote on water rates
- Cleveland Heights will raise water rates as interim measure to cap deficit
- Puerto Rico's PFC rating cut, default 'virtual certainty' -S&P
- Brazilian Horror Movie Traps Rousseff as Allies Back Away
- Evans: No EM or bankruptcy expected for Wayne County
- Korea mulls curbs on capital outflow
- Toxic Loans Wallop French Towns
- Almost everything in sight in Greece to be taxed, including its 14th century moonshine
- Britain's staggering £1.5trillion debt pile rises as borrowing falls less than expected
- Italian Bonds Gain for 11th Day as QE Pushes Market After Greece
- ECB QE stoking UK housing bubble warns Moody's
- Puerto Rico owes investors $5 billion in next year
- Cash-strapped Chicago schools propose $1.16 bln more debt
- More U.S. Children Live In Poverty Now Than During the Recession
Hitting zero waste on a college campus is a big undertaking, but one organization wants to make it easier. The Post-Landfill Action Network (PLAN), based at the University of New Hampshire, was created to “help build student-led, self-sustaining waste-reduction programs at universities nationwide.” They’re now crowdfunding a platform to make sharing zero waste resources easier.
- Finland Shows Why Many Europeans Think Americans Are Wrong About the Euro
- Greece reopens banks, starts repaying some debts
- ‘Illegal Activity’ Fine Print Leaves Some Insured, but Uncovered
- VA manager indicted on 50 counts of falsifying records of veterans waiting for medical care
- As Beijing Becomes a Supercity, the Rapid Growth Brings Pains
- Tired of Waiting for Feds, California Bill Addresses Illegal Farmworkers Issue
- A New Oil Spill Disaster Waiting To Happen In The Gulf
- Amid epic drought, California farmers turn to water witches
Transition Streets is a toolkit for neighborhood transformation—a catalyst for action, dialogue, and community building. A project of Transition US, Transition Streets is as simple as neighbors coming together for seven meetings to explore carbon-saving and resilience-building actions in the areas of food, water, waste, energy, transportation, all the while building relationships with each other and a stronger sense of community.
Over and over again, and with increasing frequency, we’ve seen “”markets”” behave in ways that defy common sense but align perfectly with the goals of the central planners.
Stocks up. Bonds stable. Commodities down. And especially: Gold down -- practically every month since the commencement of QE3, the largest money printing operation in world history.
by Chiara Camponeschi and Hillete Warner
There are countless ways vibrant neighbourhoods and strong communities help people live better lives. In the age of “connected loneliness,” having neighbours to borrow that proverbial cup of sugar from is not only a way to share resources more effectively, but a great way to see the neighbourhood itself transformed into a powerful resource in its own right.
Faced with the rising rents of commercial properties in cities, one New York organization is modeling a way for people to invest in permanently affordable, commercial real estate. The New York City Real Estate Investment Cooperative (REIC) leverages patient crowdfunding—small investments by a large number of people over time—to turn vacant municipal properties into sustainable community resources.
- Apple may start showing ads based on your credit card balance
- Greeks Worry About Bailout’s Push for an Economic Overhaul
- We're All Greek Now
- Crushing pension obligations are pushing stressed governments
- Pension Shocker: Plans Face $2 Trillion Shortfall, Moody's Says
- The end of capitalism has begun
- China Ends Mystery of Gold Hoard to Top Russia’s Holdings
- Can scientists hack photosynthesis to feed the world as population soars?
- How artificial intelligence is changing economic theory
- South Florida’s drought deepens
- LIVE from GREECE: Greek People Victims Of Political Games
- Robots pass 'wise-men puzzle' to show a degree of self-awareness
- Nothing Matters Until it Does: Bill Holter
- ECAT Heat Energy
- After 85-year search, massless particle with promise for next-generation electronics found
- Hotter, Wetter, Stormier: Study Says 2014 Climate Melted Records
We are pleased to announce that PrepareDirect is offering PeakProsperity.com members a special discount of 5% off on Adventure Medical Kits.
Adventure Medical Kits and accessories are very high quality with proven combinations of reliable components. These kits are designed by medical professionals with extensive experience in dealing with medical emergencies and trauma in the wilderness and during other disasters an emergency preparedness planner might encounter.
Learn about different ways to use your baseball cap in an emergency or survival situation.
You really have to be paying attention to see what’s truly going on these days. The keepers of the system, that is the banking elites, now openly control everything -- though you'd never know that by listening to the media.
- Asia’s View of the Greek Crisis
- The Winds Of Cyberwar
- Global threat interactive: What's the world scared of?
- All The Ways Hackers Will Try To Kill You In The Future
- McDonald's franchisees have never been this depressed
- Kat Taylor: Changing the Face of Philanthropy
- James Turk talks precious metals and financial repression
- Take The Low Risk Road
- Watch out sharing economy, the feds are watching this whole contractor thing