Letter to the Editor
Thought I'd share this rant with all you Veterans - It kills me when idiots don't do their homework...
Greetings Mr. White,
I felt it necessary to follow up to a recent story that was published in Cincinnati Post. It was the 1 in 3 believe 9-11 conspiracy theory. I must admit that at first I was overwhelmed with joy that our local paper was actually starting to have real journalism and talk about real issues. Then I read the story and it was a total debunk to make the actual people around the world who feel there was something not right about 9-11, to look like over reacting conspiracy theorists.
Im utterly outraged. My 9 year old daughter could have done more research in this, as opposed to just trying to throw the publics ideas and feelings out. Is this not what journalism is supposed to represent - real issues? There have been many, many polls done in major cities that actually ask people how they felt about the 9-11 tragedy. One such poll is called the Zogby poll; which was offered in New York City.
Honestly I could care less what is done with this letter, but I feel that I should speak my mind and Ill tell you some things that I have not told many people at all. From 1995 till 2002 I was a Sergeant in the United States Army. Not only this, but I was stationed at United States Central Command, which is located at MacDill AFB in Tampa Florida. I was on active duty when 9-11 happened. In the days prior to the tragedies, we were involved in many exercises. Some of these exercises included the scenarios of hijacked planes crashing into, our building the world trade center, the White House, Sears Tower, and the Pentagon. These drills or exercises as we called them, where classified Top Secret. Having a Top Secret rated clearance I was dumbfounded that they would ever push a training exercise above the level of Secret. Over my 8 years in the Army, I had participated in many exercises around the world, none of which were ever classified over the Secret level.
Ill start by saying a few months prior it was announced by President Bush that Dick Cheney would be heading up operations over NORAD our North American Aerospace Defense Command. Along with many of my peers, we were shocked. Over the years, if you research NORAD, it has always been under the command of a Military officer. It was done this way because the defense of this country has always been in the hands of such. Prior to the months before 9-11 this was all of the sudden changed. Like I said, if you research NORAD and the command structure you will find that it was imposed long ago that the military should be in control of the order to scramble planes in the defense of American air space. For some strange reason, Bush changed this and gave that power to a civilian person on his Staff team yes I know, very interesting.
Back to the morning of 9-11; the command was busy with this training exercise. We were instructed to bring all our gear in to prep for a mock (staged) deployment to the Middle East. On the morning of 9-11 I had been on base prepped and ready to go since about 0400am. During my time at the base that morning, they were setting up barriers around the command and placing gun posts on the roofs. When I questioned one of the security officers about the machine gun and shoulder fired rockets on the roof I was given the answer its a precaution for a plane attempting to crash into this building.
So, I was standing in the SCIF (Secure Compartmented Information Facility), which is basically this underground bunker command post for USCENTCOM, when the first plane hit. We were watching the fly patterns of all the planes on the aerospace grid. This contained not only all commercial flights at the time, but all military flights, and fake enemy planes that were supposedly put on there for the exercise. Many of the planes sent to intercept the fake blips were scrambled from Andrews which is an air defense AFB for the East Coast. They were sent across the US and left very few planes to defend the capital. After the first plane hit the tower we were all in disbelief. After the initial shock was over, our questions were what are the odds this could happen for real, during a training exercise thats covering the same scenario? We were all at wits end. Then to top all of this off, Cheney gave NORAD the order to stand down scrambling jets to intercept. A few moments later tower 2 was hit. Only after the Pentagon was hit, did he give the orders to scramble the jets to intercept the plane bound for the White House.
All of this is very interesting to me it sickened me so that I left the Army after coming back from an 8 month deployment to Afghanistan. There were just too many questions that no one could answer, too many things that did not make sense. How is it possible to have a training exercise about planes hitting the WTC and then actually have planes hit the WTC? This kind of thing just does not happen unless its pre-planned. What reason would there be to have this type of exercise on that morning, Ill tell you if you are placing fake planes all over the north American aerospace grid then you have no way of knowing which planes are real and which are fake. Then to thicken the plot you put a civilian in charge of NORAD so that the military does not have the power to initiate the order for jets to be scrambled to intercept. If the military would have still commanded power over NORAD they would have scrambled jets because they would have simply followed the procedures that had been in place for this type of situation for years and years and scrambled jets.
To delve even further, as Im standing there watching the towers collapse, next to me is one of my good friends and a former commander of the Army Corps of Engineers. He is a demolitions expert. He was even more surprised than me. When the towers collapsed he kept saying this isnt right, this isnt right. When I asked him what he was talking about he told me that steel buildings dont fall down that way. Even if they are struck by objects; he went on to say that in theory if the top 10 floors were hit, then possibly just that part of the building would fall over and off, but the rest would remain standing. When I asked him, not understanding the implications of demolitions, he told me that it looked as if they were brought down by controlled demolitions. I was utterly amazed, but after he said that it did sort of appear that way.
Ill tell you what gave this whole thing away was building 7. If they would not have brought this building down, then they probably could have gotten away with it all. It was the most amazing site I have ever seen. Not only was it amazing, it bore reality to the truth of the situation something was not right here. Now, Im going to tell you all I have learned, but I urge anyone to just spend 1hr reading about this incident on the internet and learning the facts. There have been numerous scholars, numerous physicists that have analyzed this over and over and over again. And they all come to the same conclusion, something does not add up. Building 7 was never directly hit by a plane. Now it was stated that a piece of one of the towers fell onto the side of building 7 and caught one of the floors on fire. A few moments later we all witnessed the most perfect example of controlled demolitions to ever be caught on camera. It could not be proved that building 7 fell due to fire. My friend and I standing there in the SCIF watching in uninterruptible awe with all those other military members; watching building 7 fall perfectly onto its footprint; my friend stating that it was beautifully done.
We all knew then we all realized that this was not some group of unorganized cave dwellers from Afghanistan orchestrating a perfect hit on American soil. It was impossible. Shortly after the Pentagon was struck I called my close friend that I went to Basic Training with. All civilian lines were down and I had to contact him via STU which is a black line classified phone system. He did not answer, but one of his soldiers did. I asked if SGT Worthington was ok and he said yes. I asked if the plane did severe damage and he told me I didnt see any plane. Then when I finally got to speak to my friend, he started acting strange saying he could not talk about the incident over this line. He was shipped off overseas a few weeks later and I never to this day have had the chance to speak with him.
The Pentagon crash tape was released a few months back after 5 years. You need to watch that tape no where can you see a plane strike the Pentagon. This is because it was not a plane. I cannot tell you exactly what hit the Pentagon, but its unanimous; it was definitely not a plane. I can assure you that there is more than one CCTV camera around the Pentagon. On September 25, 4 days before my 25th birthday, I deployed to Afghanistan. Over the 8months I was there I had never seen one intelligent Afghani soldier. They were all tattered and scrawny and could barely shoot their weapons straight. This does not mean that there were not men that could fly a plane, but after what I saw it was extremely hard to believe they could be taught to fly a sophisticated piece of aeronautical equipment.
My point Mr. Editor is that I spent 8 months in combat watching my brothers die in the name of Freedom. I killed, in the name of Freedom and to this day my brothers are still being killed for this illusionary war we call the War on Terror. Where the enemy has no face where there is no clear objective. In this War, anyone with ill thoughts toward this country can be defined as a terrorist. Well, I guess that includes me in this group as well as everyone else who questions the events of 911, because we all hold ill thoughts toward the leadership of this country and I say the real terrorists in this world sit right in the heart of its capital.
I have bled for this country and would do so again in a heart beat but only to protect its people, the true Americans that live here. I would never again offer my life under the leadership whose real goal is oil and money. The same ones who staged the most perfect illusionary tactic in our history that was a pretext to a war on terror that would never again go away. Their goal was to scare the American public into submission making it easier for the world powers to do their evil and get away with it.
Now that may sound like a typical conspiracy theorist I guess, but how many do you actually talk to? Im not here saying that Aliens came down and used laser beams to bring the towers down or control the planes that were flown; Im telling you as a sane, logical and intelligent individual, something does not add up about this. Earlier this year I was watching the Discovery channel. They have a PBS program called Rebuilding America. This particular episode was about the WTC building 7. They interviewed Larry Silverstein (the owner) about building 7. He stated on national TV the following which is the direct quote and can be found here: http://www.wtc7.net/pullit.html
I remember getting a call from the, ER, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse.
I actually have the program recorded and you are more than welcome to come by my house and watch it. He actually stated this on national TV. I was so amazed that I almost shat myself. I could not believe he actually stated this on a nationally broadcasted TV program. You can ask any person who has done controlled demolitions please interview someone they will tell you it takes weeks of planning to do this. We are expected to believe that this was facilitated and planned in a matter of hours for building 7, while the damn thing was on fire you have got to be kidding me. If that is not enough to make you believe something was fishy well then nothing will ever do.
Since that time there have been numerous scholars, some of which have actually been publicly broadcasted on CSPAN. The latest program was called: Theories about 9-11. American Perspectives and you can watch this (which I advise you do) per this link: Theories about 9-11 (American Perspectives) or you can go to www.c-span.org and look under their video/audio section to find this title. Its an outstanding video and encompasses the thoughts of not only the American public, but also Dr Steven Jones from Brigham Young University a physics professor that actually received a piece of the rubble from the WTC. Not only does he profoundly agree that building 7 was a controlled demolition he can prove it. After he analyzed the piece of debris they found; there were large traces of sulfur and Thermite found. If you did not know, Thermite is a chemical compound found in many explosives including C4 which I have used many times in the Army. It leaves a distinct smell and identifiable residue upon explosion. Dr Jones found large traces of this from the rubble.
Sir, there are many things that I never wanted to know for one that the government that is supposed to be caring for the American people could be corrupt. This was the last thing that I ever wanted to be true but its time we wake up and smell the bullshit because its permeating throughout the American public and we are all starting to realize whats really going on. If your news station actually did a similar Zogby type poll here in Cincinnati, I think you would find that a lot more than 1/3 of the people believe this. I know tons just in this area.
I could literally write you 100 pages of truths that could prove that 9-11 was an inside job, but Id probably just be passed off as some crazy conspiracy theorist. Instead I want to give you the tools to look for yourself because the quest for wisdom is a journey we must all take alone. So, to you I add the following links and if you just spend a small portion of your day reading and watching some of this footage, who knows you may wake up and stand along side the rest of us in utter amazement.
SGT Lauro Chavez
United States Central Command
Thanks to the Internet, one of the few freedoms we have left, these truths can be sent to the public. Thank God we dont have to rely on news media to get this information out to everyone!
This is only about a 10th of my list of sites. Enjoy; and when you are sick with the truth of things, let me know and Ill buy you a beer to ease your nerves.
Loose Change Volume 2 (An outstanding documentary done about 911 that includes news reports and live footage of the tragedy and finds that some things are not what they seem) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1519312457137943386&q=loose+change
Official Pentagon Plane Crash Video (You tell me where the plane is) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5658198482624505213
Silverstein saying we decided to pull the building The collapse of building 7 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6455428412411043437&q=WTC+building+7
Another video of bldg 7 (In this you can see the widely noticeable crinkle that is common in controlled demolitions) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9184329400593634920&q=wtc+7
Watch the following in sequence:
1. Showing the Thermite at work.
(In this video you can see the molten concrete and metal spewing out of the WTC. This is what happens when a Thermite type explosive is used to cut down steel pillars)
2. Then watch this video
(it shows the spot where the molten metal is coming out the same spot where the building crinkles and collapses)
Misc Links for research:
Zogby Poll Results
As you can see, Im not your typical conspiracy theorist I actually have a good job! I thought at first I might send you this from an anonymous email address, but you know what now you know Im not just some stupid kid.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
Lauro "LJ" Chavez
Here is a link to his interview on the Alex Jones Show-
Lauro Cahvez Interview
Here's a link to the Alex Jones write-up about him-
- CENTCOM Sergeant Details Traitorous Stand Down Orders On 9/11
Military whistleblower comes forward with key information
Claim: USCENTCOM Sergeant Blows Whistle On 9/11 Inside Job
Blogosphere debate rages as to whether "Chavez" is real or disinfo Paul Joseph Watson, Prison Planet.com, September 25 2006
A letter that I received from Alfons who posted the first email:
There are some glaring problems with the Lauro story, that come up in the interview with Alex Jones. www.v911t.org/SergeantLauroProblem.php
I am the one that broke the Lauro story on Veterans for 9/11 Truth.
The Veterans for 9/11 Truth have a Mission Operation Vigilant Truth so we do try to be as truthful as possible, and we have some issues with the story told by Lauro, on the Alex Jones Radio Show. Listen to Lauro on Alex Jones
Chavez: "Yeah, I was deployed to Afghanistan for 8 months. About 2 weeks after 9/11 happened. I was there in support of the United States SOCOM, which if everybody has played the game SOCOM they are actually a real entity, located all at MacDill Airforce Base, and I provide them with communications, for the special ops teams. We flew into Kabul Airport, we were actually under fire as we flew in."
Editor Note: The war started on Oct 7, 2001 almost 4 weeks after 9/11.
I find it odd that Lauro was deployed in Afghanistan, and has no ribbon on his DD 214. Proof of Lauro's Military Record
Afghanistan Campaign Medal 4. Criteria: a. Authorized to be awarded to soldiers who deploy to Afghanistan in direct support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) on or after 24 October 2001 to a date to be determined or the cessation of OEF. The area of eligibility encompasses all land area of the country of Afghanistan and all air spaces above the land.
b. To be eligible for the award, a soldier must be assigned or attached to a unit participating in OEF for 30 consecutive days or for 60 nonconsecutive days in Afghanistan or meet one of the following criteria:
1) Be engaged in actual combat against the enemy and under circumstances involving grave danger of death or serious bodily injury from enemy action, regardless, of time in the Afghanistan. 2) While participating in OEF or on official duties, regardless of time, is killed or wounded/injured requiring medical evacuation from Afghanistan. 3) While participating as a regularly assigned air crew member flying sorties into, out of, within, or over Afghanistan in direct support of OEF; each day that one or more sorties are flown in accordance with the criteria shall count as one day towards the 30 consecutive or 60 nonconsecutive day requirement
Lauro speaks out in his defense-
Nila Sagadevan spoke to me early today and asked if I could lay to rest some false claims being made against me. He asked if I bullet-ize them, if you’d post them on your site – under my article I presume. I’m not sure, but just contact him if you have any questions. Thanks a lot Kevin, and tell Alex that it was a pleasure to be on his show again. Let me know if I can be of any further help.
Things people are questioning:
My letter was in no way intended to be my “Whistle blowing” statement.
- First let me start with telling everyone, that this letter, was a rant to the chief editor of the Cincinnati Post, Mr. Robert White. I sent it to him, after reading an article posted there called “1 in 3 believes in 911 conspiracy”. To which they proceed to debunk us good American people who know for a fact something about 911 does not add up. Mr. White never responded to my email. Again, it was a rant that included both fact from my time in the Army, facts I have learned from my extensive research on this topic, and my opinions. I’ve been asked to sign an affidavit, and I will, once I review it with my attorney.
My DD214 – not signed on block 22
- Honestly I don’t have an answer for this, but there are many different versions of the 214 – and if you google image search for that, you’ll see what I mean. Secondly, I think that his typed signature was considered “signed”. It is my official 214.
Couldn’t find records of him ever being at CENTCOM.
- Easy – the issue here is that the military will not release personnel information without federal authority. Even then it’s difficult to get. So, I would expect you couldn’t find any military public records on me. If you do, let me know so I can sue them.
Stating that the SCIF was an underground bunker
- I used the best dumbed down terms I could to describe this to Mr. White. So, I said “basically an underground bunker”. Read carefully people, the word “basically” is there. The SCIF, the main SCIF at CENTCOM is not underground. It is just lower than ground level and is fortified. You also have to have had a TopSecret clearance to get access.
Not having an Afghan Service Ribbon listed on my 214 – NOTE: I don’t have a Combat action Badge either.
- Reason for this, is that upon my return from Afghanistan , I opted for a chapter 13 discharge. Which is an early release from service for higher education. It states that a person with an acceptance letter from an accredited university can be released from active duty up to 6 months prior than the original ETS (End Term of Service). So, I gave up the medals for an early release from the service. I’m entitled to them, and if I wanted them, all I have to do is send a letter to the Army Personnel office to update my 214 and send me the medals. Honestly I don’t care – it’s just a piece of plastic.
How did I know Cheney was in charge of NORAD, prior to it becoming public?
- Easy, in the Army and whole of the DoD there is a thing called chain of command. Every solider is supposed to be aware of who his superiors are. When Cheney was announced to be taking over NORAD, the CoC was updated and passed out to all of us. This, I’m sure, was prior to the public release of this information. There were many military friends of mine, at the time, that questioned this action.
Why don’t I remember the names of the Air Force liaison that verbally confirmed there was an order to stand down on the scrambling of jets to intercept the hijacked planes?
- Well, it’s been like over 5 years, I don’t remember everyone – do you remember who you went to high school with? Heck, I have a hard time remembering names of people when I meet them. There were over 2,500 military personnel at CENTCOM during my time there. We were given verbal confirmation by this Colonel, that NORAD received stand-down orders. Meaning, planes were to stand-down on intercepting the hijacked planes. At the time, I think we were just glad we had an answer at all. Usually, you don’t get much information, just someone shrugging their shoulders.
How is it that a “mere” sergeant can associate with these high ranking people.
- I love this one ;o) Well, CENTOM “is a place to send old colonels to die” as they say. It’s a very lush, comfy, command for people to play out the rest of their time before they get to retire. Lots and lots of generals, colonels, admirals, etc are stationed at CENTCOM. That place was crawling with rank – I was one of only 6 sergeants in the whole command. Yes, we had some higher enlisted people, SFC, SSG, Chiefs, and Master Chiefs, but E5 and below were few and far between. To get stationed at CENTCOM was a privilege in the Army – that was like one of the best places to get sent. An Air Force Base in Florida , on the coast, are you kidding me – who wouldn’t want to go there. The on base housing is right on the beach. I had to re-enlist to get that assignment. I came from FT Hood Texas , which was my prior duty station. I re-enlisted to get MacDill.
Where was the letter posted in the Cincinnati Post?
- Well, it was never posted to my knowledge. I sent Mr. White that letter and he never sent me a thank you, and F-You, or anything. I never got a response at all. So, to my knowledge it’s not posted. I bet he wished he posted it now.
USCENTCOM only participates in exercises in the Middle East .
- This is simply not true. Their main focus is undoubtedly the Middle East , however, they support conus (Country Side) exercises all the time. Honestly, again this comes back to the amount of people at the command. There were many people who had never even been in the SCIF – there are tons of people who stay in their office and never leave except to go to the restroom or leave for the day. Just because someone says that, means they didn’t know what all the different directorates did. CENTCOM has many departments, from Psychological Operations, Military Intelligence, including Linguists, and many, many Liaisons to other DoD Commands.
Lauro "LJ" Chavez